Openings to be filled: 1
This role requires a high degree of autonomy, entrepreneurial drive and passion toward technology. It is not a regular teaching role, nor a programming role. You take your passion in building and making things, and spread it to the next generation. You have a natural knack in engaging an audience, patience to work with active inquiring minds, and the ability to break down complex problems into smaller digestible pieces. This role provides a first-hand experience in shaping the minds of our next generation.
- Teach regular coding classes to kids from 6 to 18
- Assist with curriculum development, marketing material creation, research
- Assist with any and all operational needs including scheduling, booking, handling of student assessments.
- Point person in terms of communication with client base including any prospective or inquiring clients
- Pitch our products and services to fresh leads
- Compensation: P20,000-P80,000 a month (negotiable and depending on background/commitment)
- Passion in Computer Science / Software Engineering: You have a desire to learn about computer science. You frequently read up on news in the field, and light up when talking about new technology. Preferred: You either studied, or have worked (or both) in Computer Science / Engineering / Science / Mathematics field.
- Maker's Mindset: You like to build things. Either a weekend side project or an open source project, you are actively exploring new ideas to build and contribute to.
- Communications Skills: Instructors are responsible for communicating often complex and abstract programming concepts to young students. You are fluent in English and are good at communicating your ideas verbally, through analogies and repetition if necessary. At the same time you are able to adjust your presentation depending on the audience
- Experience in, or an Interest in Teaching Kids: You like spending time with kids and are patient to get through your ideas to them.
- You must be willing to work in Bonifacio Global City or other Metro Manila locations as needed.
- You must be willing to work on weekends and holidays (though schedules will remain reasonable as an aggregate)
Should you wish to apply, please send your resume along with responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in joining our company?
- What excites you about teaching coding?
- What are your three strongest qualities that you can bring to our company?
- What do you see yourself doing in five years?
- What is your salary expectation?
Contact Person: Simon Lee
Contact number: +63 915 123 1636