CODING PROGRAM MANAGER
Openings to be filled: 1
You must be passionate about software engineering and have an entrepreneurial and startup mindset. You are a positive and proactive problem solver who is inspired by new ideas every day. This role requires a high level of independence, entrepreneurial drive, and a mix of analytical and interpersonal skills. It requires the ability to manage multiple stakeholders of the program, including parents, students and school directors. Persistent, determined and highly motivated individuals are able to excel in this role, and ensure a consistent high quality in the programs we deliver. This role also provides a visible impact on the growth of our business.
- Manage coding program, including curriculum development, marketing, research, outreach and expansion of program
- Teach regular coding classes to kids from 6 to 18
- Assist with any and all operational needs including scheduling, booking, handling of student assessments
- Point person in terms of communication with client base including any prospective or inquiring clients
- Pitch our products and services to fresh leads
- Compensation: P30,000-P120,000 a month (negotiable and depending on background/commitment)
- Entrepreneurial drive: You are curious by nature and enjoy brainstorming, collaborating and executing. At the same time, you are capable of working under minimal guidance. You like to move fast and get things done.
- Technological understanding: You understand what software engineering is, and are comfortable with technical terms and playing with the latest gadgets. You are able to act as a bridge between parents and instructors. Preferred: You either studied, or have worked (or both) in Computer Science / Engineering / Science / Mathematics field.
- Analytical ability: We at First Code take pride in taking a data-driven approach of running a business. You need to be able to gather and utilize additional data to make business decisions.
- Drive and hustle: You are responsible for continually signing up, on-boarding and liaising with students and parents in our programs. This requires extreme resourcefulness and grit, as well as the dedication to produce high quality, thoughtful work.
- Organizational skills and adaptability: You understand that in a startup, the job description is merely a starting point. You feel comfortable and are excited to pick up new responsibilities outside of your set role. You are also naturally organized and enjoy understanding and creating procedures for given tasks.
- Communication Skills: Instructors are responsible for communicating often complex and abstract programming concepts to young students. You are fluent in English and are good at communicating your ideas verbally, through analogies and repetition if necessary. At the same time you are able to adjust your presentation depending on the audience.
- Experience in, or an Interest in Teaching Kids: You like spending time with kids and are patient to get through your ideas to them.
- You must be willing to work in Bonifacio Global City or other Metro Manila locations as needed.
- You must be willing to work on weekends and holidays (though schedules will remain reasonable as an aggregate).
Should you wish to apply, please send your resume along with responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in joining our company?
- What excites you about teaching coding?
- What are your three strongest qualities that you can bring to our company?
- What do you see yourself doing in five years?
- What is your salary expectation?
Contact Person: Simon Lee
Contact number: +63 915 123 1636